Captain's Cookbook Challange
Captain's Log: August 5, 2022.
Captain's Book Labor Day Book Sale
5 September 2022
1570 S. 1st Ave
Iowa City, IA 52240
Phone (319) 351-3166
50% off the listed price of all cookbooks at the Captain's Book Shoppe this Labor Day, September 5, 2022.
Cook Book Sale
First Edition Captain's Book Coffee Mugs only $14 on Labor Day, (September 5, 2022) while supplies last. Regular Captain's mugs on sale for $11 on Labor Day.
If there is one thing the crew at Captain's Book Shoppe loves, it is cookbooks. Therefore, it is an all-hands-on deck for this "workers holiday." Come out and enjoy the comradery, crew competition and jovial book fun.
Sign up now thru September 4 to enter the Captain's Cookbook Challenge. Bake a dessert, enter it in the competition and if you win, you can win $50 cash. (Details below).
Captain’s Cookbook Challenge
The Finer Points….
1. Pay your entry fee and get your Captain’s Cookbook Challenge ticket. One entry per Challenge ticket allowed. Multiple Challenge tickets may be purchased.
Adult Ticket (Age 18-110) - $10 entry (includes cookbook chosen by the Captain)
Junior Ticket (0 to age 17) - $5 entry (includes cookbook chosen by the Captain)
(Tickets available for purchase at Captain’s Book Shoppe on sale now through Sunday, September 4)
2. Preferably, select a dessert recipe from the cookbook chosen by the Captain.
3. Create your dessert entry.
4. Attach a copy of your recipe to your Challenge ticket.
5. Bring your entry and Challenge ticket (with attached recipe) to Captain’s Book Shoppe by 1 PM on Monday, September 5, 2022 for judging.
Please bring a minimum of 2 servings of your dessert for judging.
Any entries containing allergens (nuts, gluton, dairy) should be labeled.
Entries must be presented in a sealed, disposable container.
6. Judging begins at 1:30 pm.
Winner in each age division will receive a cash prize and bragging rights until next year.
Adult Class First Prize: $50 cash prize
Junior Class First Prize: $25 cash prize
Other prizes may be awarded based on the Captain’s discretion.
Contestants must be present to win.