21 May 2018
Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC
1. The Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC is a private and independent book marketer that maintains a strict confidentiality with our clients. Our client’s privacy is important to us. The Captain’s Book Shoppe does not disclose, release, advertise, sell or give away our supplier, client, or customer information without written consent. The Captain’s Book Shoppe complies with all applicable and legal court orders and warrants.
The Captain’s Book Shoppe may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
a. Customers or clients that follow the Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC via social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, and Linkedin may opt to publicly list themselves as a customer, client or follower on our social media organizational sites. The Captain’s Book Shoppe will not sell or give away our social media lists. Depending upon your personal social media settings, your social media information maybe public information.
b. Clients and customers that give testimonials or rate our service and business via social media acknowledge their identities as a customer are a matter of public record.
2, The Information the Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC collects: We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information and purchase history. We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We also collect personally identifiable information (including name, email, password, communications); payment details (including credit card information), comments, feedback, product reviews, recommendations, and personal profile.
3. Information collection. When you conduct a transaction on our website or in our store, as part of the process, we collect personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address. Your personal information will be used for only the specific reasons stated above.
4. Non-personal and Personal Information. We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
To provide and operate the Services;
To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
5. Storage, use, sharing and disclosure of site visitors' personal information. The Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC website is hosted on the Wix.com platform. Wix.com provides us with the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data may be stored through Wix.com’s data storage, databases and the general Wix.com applications. They store your data on secure servers behind a firewall.
All direct payment gateways offered by Wix.com and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
6. Communication with Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC Customers. We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
Social Media Features may collect information such as your IP address or which page you are visiting on our Website and may set a cookie to enable them to function properly. Your interactions with these third parties’ Social Media Features are governed by their policies.
9. Getting a copy of your Data. In accordance with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), customers may request a copy of their data that the Captainsbookshoppe.com site has collected.
Some of your data may not be included in our data archive (e.g. data from sites that use third party apps or Wix Code).
Once your identity is confirmed, please allow one-week processing time to receive your information via email or via a file sharing service agreement.
10. Permanently deleting customer data. In accordance with the GDPR, a customer may request that the Captain’s Book Shoppe LLC permanently delete their data that has been processed on Captainsbookshope.com. Please allow one-week processing time to receive confirmation of data destruction.